- Take your own water. The aid stations are too far apart to rely soley on them.
- Bring gels or some form of food to carry. The stations are stocked ok, but I had trouble eating trail mix cereal and crackers. The bananas and oranges work fine, though.
- Trail shoes. I think they are wider on the bottom and more stable.
- Layered clothing. The temperature can change rapidly and being able to remove/put on things to adjust is helpful.
- Have fun. Remember, almost everyone is suffering just as much as you are.
- Don't try to keep up with anyone named "Lundblad."
Mount Mitchell Challenge